There is no doubt a WordPress Ecommerce theme is the best and simplest approach to start an online business. In a matter of minutes and with very minimal expenses, small and medium businesses can have their own professionally designed pages with optimized layouts.
However, starting out is a different story. Although we know that you can initiate the online business like a breeze, knowing important features of WordPress Ecommerce themes can help lighten the load and make things much easier at the onset. Aside from looking at its design, the most crucial aspects to consider are its usability, efficiency and reliability.
In choosing the right WordPress ecommerce theme for your business, there are critical features that you should bear in mind.
1. A well-designed website – This should be your goal. A well-designed ecommerce site that compels potential buyers to avail of your products should be your driving force to succeed and not just settle for a pretty and attractive website without the depth. Remember, some of the most popular WordPress E-commerce themes are not all beautiful and pretty. In fact, some are not too attractive but they are just effectively well-designed.
2. A flexible E-commerce theme – Nothing is permanent in the online business. That is why, WordPress Ecommerce themes are changing easily to adapt to the varying needs of the website. E-commerce themes should be versatile and flexible, convenient to work on and easy to change when there are new things introduced.
3. A Very Visible Search Box – Most visitors would want to search for many things online. A very visible search box is helpful; it can position your website and can aid the potential clients to spot instantly. WordPress ecommerce themes should have a search box at the most convenient space, making the users see it just when they need to search for something, it comes in handy.
4. A comfortable, product navigation – A complicated navigation system leads to users signing out. The navigation system is one of the most vital features to take note of when determining your ecommerce theme. A user friendly site that is easy to browse with all the different categories and products will eventually lead to more sales conversion.
5. A detailed presentation of products – Buying something in traditional stores would allow a buyer to carefully check the product. However, buying online is difficult. A detailed presentation of the products with large prints as well as clear and high resolution images is a must-have in order to entice buyers to push the buy button and add to shopping cart. Most interested buyers usually drag their mouse and see a bigger and magnified view to see the product in detail. Images should also contribute to the site’s design and make it more compelling for buyers.
6. An effective shopping cart – The elements needed in an effective shopping cart are: product name, short product description, price, product image thumbnail, quantity box and total cost of all the products in the shopping cart.
Other than being attractive and well-designed, WordPress Ecommerce theme must be reliable, effective and usable. The design of WordPress should gear towards delivering more sales and not just meet the aspect of beauty.